Center for Leadership
Interested in sponsoring the 2019 Center for Leadership? Click here.
ULI Northwest is pleased to welcome the 2019 Center for Leadership cohort:
- Andrew Ayling | Coughlin Porter Lundeen
- Andy Bench | Wright Runstad & Company
- Hans Christiansen | Evergreen Housing Development Group, LLC
- Andrew Crampton, City of Hillsboro, OR
- Chris Craven | Seneca Group
- Steffenie Evans | Washington Holdings
- Charlie Foushee | Skanska
- Jacob Gelb | Bellwether Housing
- Adam Griffin | Aspect Consulting
- Jonathan Hall | GGLO Design
- Kyle Hepper | Gateway Construction Services
- Quanlin Hu | City of Seattle OPCD
- Allison Kelly | Moss Adams LLP
- Maria Lau Hui | Ellumus
- David Leon | Intracorp
- Kathy Leotta | Sound Transit
- Brad Machat | LMC, a Lennar Company
- Scott Miller | Compass General Construction
- Won Moc | Lease Crutcher Lewis
- Chris Moxon | Beacon Development Group
- Ana Parke | Runberg Architecture Group
- James Payne | US Bank Commercial Real Estate
- Graham Quill | Talon Private Capital
- Russel Robertson | Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt
- Kyle Rolfe | Seneca Group
- Michelle Rosenberger | ArchEcology
- May So | Mithun
- Lee Striar | Heartland, LLC
- Jennifer Thrower | DSC Capital
- John Torrence | Plymouth Housing
- Alastair Townsend | Bentall Kennedy
- Matthew Wallin | Momentum Partners
- Kate Weiland | BuildingWork
- Natalia Williams | Bayside Communities
- Valarie Williams | Siemens
- Mike Woo | Vulcan, Inc.
ULI Northwest announces its fifth program year of the Center for Leadership (CfL) Program (formerly Center for Sustainable Leadership). More than 100 land use and real estate professionals have benefited from this nationally-recognized leadership development program and are now part of the global alumni network. This is the only leadership program in the region designed to cultivate leaders in the built environment.
As a participant in this program you will engage with industry experts, local executives, and national thought leaders on the Puget Sound region’s most pressing issues.
The program features leadership development training facilitated by executive coach and consultant, Carol Murray. Carol brings more than 25 years of experience coaching executives on taking their career to the next level.
2019 Program Dates
Session 1: January 31 – February 1 (overnight)
Session 2: February 28
Session 3: March 28
Session 4: April 25
Session 5: May 16
Session 6: June 6
Background About the Program
Each month, from late January through early June, a cohort of 30-35 participants will apply lessons taught by recognized experts in leadership and learn from national luminaries who have forged a path in real estate and the built environment.
Through group activities, exclusive walking tours of projects and neighborhoods, and conversations with industry leaders, participants identify, measure, and achieve professional goals that create lasting, positive outcomes.
The team project is designed to support strategic leadership. You’ll apply what you learn to an actual situation. The deliverable will be designed to provide value to an organization, community or project, while achieving experiential goals for participants.
What Participants Say About the Center for Leadership Program:
“CfL was an incredibly valuable experience for me at this point in my career. The combination of an emphasis on sustainable development and personal leadership was not only unique, it was very well planned and executed. The program gave me the confidence to take my career to the next level and to take an even stronger leadership position in my new venture. I highly recommend CfL to anyone.” – Marja Williams, Oranje
“It’s not enough for us, either as companies, governments, or a region, to simply say we have a vision to create a more sustainable world. We must engage talented leaders throughout all sectors of our community and equip them with the tools necessary to clarify that vision and then to go out and make it happen. This is the goal of the ULI Northwest Center for Leadership.” – Don Wise, Metzler North America
Why Participate in the Center for Leadership program?
- Expand your leadership skills and personal network.
- Establish new perspectives on land use, development, and the challenges and opportunities facing our region.
- Engage with a diverse group of industry leaders.
Who Participates in Center for Leadership?
- Individuals working in the real estate industry and related fields
- Emerging leaders slated for future leadership roles
- Those who have a minimum five years of real estate experience
- Those committed to community service and civic engagement
- Those who have a vision for the future of the Puget Sound region
- ULI members and non-members