Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI)
ULI Northwest is thrilled to announce the launch of our newest program, the Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI). Our mission is to promote the advancement of women throughout their careers, to increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions, and to increase the visibility of women leaders in our region, industry and within ULI.
How Can You Help?
- Fill out this survey! It is a short, easy-to-answer survey that will help guide the future programming for WLI. To entice you further, if you fill out the survey you will be put in a drawing to win a complimentary ticket to our first WLI program!
- Join the WLI Committee, a group of women who meet monthly to determine the overall programming and direction of the Initiative. Although the Committee will be women led, we are looking for men to step forward to support this Initiative. If you are interested in providing support on an ongoing basis, please fill out the application as well. Applications due Feb. 23rd.
- Pass along this information to your colleagues!
The ULI Northwest’s Oregon and SW Washington Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) Committee will be made up of 12-15 cross disciplinary professionals from the private and public sectors involved in the real estate industry.
Recruitment & Membership within ULI
- Assist ULI Northwest’s Membership Committee in increasing the percentage of women within the local membership.
- Provide recommendations and outreach to potential women for all ULI Northwest committee opportunities.
- Ensure that ULI Northwest’s leadership and management is filled with diverse female candidates.
- Assist all ULI Northwest Committees in selecting women candidates for speaking and panel roles throughout the year.
- Curate 2-4 yearly programs for industry professionals that enhance the mission of WLI. These programs may focus on one of the following, or others that are identified by the Committee:
- Professional Development: Engaging members on topics such as management, team building, public speaking, negotiation, assertiveness and conflict resolution.
- Mentorship: Providing valuable relationships and support to young or mid-career women in the industry.
- Community Involvement: Providing members opportunities to engage with local issues while also supporting positive change within our community.
- Networking: Providing thoughtful and curated opportunities for women to create meaningful relationships within the industry.
- Education: Engaging with other industry groups to encourage the growth of a diverse real estate industry through education at all levels.
- Equality & Inclusivity: Encouraging the continued discussion of strategies to promote diverse professionals at all levels and sector of the real estate industry.
Kali Bader, Rembold Properties
Sarah Zahn, Zidell Yards