2018 Urbanism Next Conference (Portland, OR)
From developing national policy to creating new mobility guidelines, the plenary speakers for the Urbanism Next Conference are actively leading efforts on the new principles that will guide design and development of our communities to adapt to emerging technologies. The conference provides opportunities to hear from a wide range of experts:
- Robin Chase, Co-founder of Zipcar, Veniam, and Shared Mobility Principles, is a national leader working with cities to maximize the transformation possible with the introduction of self-driving vehicles.
- Oregon Representative Earl Blumenauer is a passionate advocate for understanding AV and E-commerce impacts and shaping them for community benefits. He is also a leading voice in national policy.
- Jeffrey Tumlin, Principal, Nelson\Nygaard, works with communities across the country to balance community goals in addressing new mobility challenges and opportunities given limited resources.
- Ted Wheeler, Mayor of Portland, is making sure the City of Portland is a national leader in new mobility.
- Susan Shaheen, PhD, Adjunct Professor & Director of the Innovative Mobility Research, UC Berkeley, is leading national research on understanding how the sharing economy is transforming the transportation system as we know it.
Additional plenary speakers and panels will explore issues around equity, transit, industry, professions, research, governance and much, much more.
Oregon Convention Center
March 5-7, 2018
Any individual who is a member of ULI, ASLA, AIA or APA can receive Member pricing.
Early Bird Pricing Ends February 5th
Member & Academics Early-Bird Pricing: $350
Non-member Early-Bird Pricing: $400
Member & Academics: $425