DEI Fundraising Campaign
ULI Northwest is proud to announce the launch of its Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) fundraising campaign to support efforts within ULI and the Pacific Northwest real estate community. Although we have made great strides with the help of our DEI Taskforce and Committees, we know there is a long way to go. We are committed to effecting change in our organization and community, and we need your help.
- Click here to open the donation page in a new tab.
- In the “Gift/Donation Information” section at the top of the page, click the third checkbox that says “Designate your donation to a specific program(s) or National/District Council.”
- New selections will display allowing you to allocate your donation to different programs. Scroll down to find the “My District/National Council” option.
- Enter the amount of your donation in the box provided.
- Next to your donation amount, select “ULI Northwest” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a message for your donation (optional).
- Complete all fields in the “Your Information,” “Payment Information,” and “Recognition” sections.
- Click the green “Complete Donation” button at the bottom of the page.
Support our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion InitiativesDonate Now
We recognize that ULI and the real estate industry have not prioritized racial diversity, inclusion, and equity; and now, as much as any time in our history, we must grapple with this truth. The racial divide in our society and our systems, as well as the history and legacy of racist land use policies and practices, are top of mind.
Your donation to ULI Northwest through the ULI Foundation will allow us to achieve the goals set out in our DEI Framework & Action Plan and ensure the sustainability of our efforts in Seattle and Portland. The funds raised through this campaign will be allocated for two specific purposes:
- To ensure that ULI Northwest is a welcoming, inclusive space for all people – regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or (dis)ability. We plan to achieve this goal by offering essential DEI leadership trainings to the 200+ ULI members involved in our committees, councils, and cohorts. We believe that we can make the greatest change by providing education and resources to our most important asset, our members.
- Open opportunities within ULI to people who are underrepresented in the land use and real estate fields by covering costs such as ULI memberships, registration fees, and local product council fees. We know that ULI membership can open doors in the industry, which is why we want to ensure that all professionals have an opportunity to grow their careers and benefit from our network.
We recognize that these are small steps toward embracing DEI at all levels of our organization, and we have a long journey ahead of us. ULI Northwest is many things, including a community of people who are each unique, and yet collectively we do not represent the diversity of the communities we serve. We invite you to work with us to improve ULI and our industry as a whole.